This page contains images scaled and/or enhanced to improve legibility. If the
original image had copyright, only an extract has been used that is specifically relevant for research purposes.
1. Thomas Dewye Baptism 1606, Hinton Martell
This record is from Dorset Record Office within the Parish Register Transcripts, reference PE/H1M.RE1/1_3272
2. Thomas Dewye senior Marriage to Mary Moore & Burial
Edeth Moore 1601, Hinton Martell
This record is from Dorset Record Office within the Parish Register Transcripts, reference PE/H1M.RE1/1_3277
3. Edith Moore baptism 1567,
This record is from Dorset Record Office, reference PE/WST.RE1/1; image Ancsty2243/32435_239746-00022.jpg
4. Mary Moore Burial 1637 parish record
a) My interpretation of the left half is : 'Novemb 24 Mary Moore xxxe widdow'
b) My interpretation of the right half is: 'widdow axxs xarax ylica seadxxx Dir xen', my latin crib sheet does not enlighten!
5. John Russell's will
This image is from page 216 of Life of George Dewey rear admiral, U.S.N.; and Dewey
family history. A M Dewey, W T Dewey and O C Dewey, 1898
6.1 Bleau map of Dorset, 1645 showing Hinton Martell N. of Winbornminster.
6.2 Showing 'Sandwiche' and 'Sandwich Baye' to the S. of Poole.
7. Dewey House Warmister, Wiltshire
8. Obelisk Antiques, was 'The New Inn', birthplace of Frank Christy Dewey, my Grandfather
9. Warminster Fire Station